Friday, August 3, 2018

Fallen


Fallen from a pedestal of pride

I hit rock bottom, hard

That’s when I began to see the light of my Savior little by little

I made my way toward Him one step at a time

It took a long time to walk confidently sane

Wolves in sheep’s clothing tried to devour me

Chipping away at me until I began to crack

I tried to succumb to their lies but I couldn’t deny the truth at my very core

 That Jesus was more than the vengeful God they portrayed him to be

Man’s lies poured in

Legalism poured out

I became a shell of who I once was

I gave everything I had but I was never good enough

The false prophet wanted my very soul but wouldn’t take what I could give

I was attacked by the self-righteous

I hated myself, hated every bit of me.

I attacked myself every moment with the lies

Never thought I could be redeemed

But then dawn broke through

A psych ward, meds, family, friends and God pulled me out of the depths of despair.

He put my feet upon the rock of Jesus

Slowly the despair faded away

Slowly I began to see who I really was

My God this beautiful heart he put in my chest

It beats with love for my Savior, my Heavenly Father, my comforter

My God this wonderful life he has given me

My God that peace that surpasses all understanding

My God the freedom from the lies

My God that truth that pours in through His word

My God, my Savior, My King

I’ll never be insane again

I am in my right mind and I am free

What have you fallen from? 

What's the truth that sets you free?

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment