Friday, May 21, 2021

There’s a Cross in Every Crown

            Dear readers my friend mentioned the title of this blog to me and it really intrigued me and got me thinking. What it means to me is every blessing comes with a price.

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12 NLT

My biggest cross or trial was when I was suicidal and in a cult. I thought I was headed for hell and there was no consoling me. I wanted to die but God was not finished with me yet. He used my captors to set me free and I wound up in a psych ward for 5 days. The crown God gave me during this time was the choice to choose life instead of death. 7 years later he gave me another crown for this cross and that is my book Set Free Through Christ Who Strengthens Me is being published. God has shown me it will touch the lives of many and bring them to Christ. So the cross I bore is a blessing that will bring glory to God and bring many to his kingdom. This crown is bigger than I can fathom. It’s like when Joseph told his brothers:

But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive. Genesis 50:20

My situation is exactly like this. My roommates tried to destroy me, but God meant it for good to save many lives. There are many stories like mine out there, but not many people go public with it. This is a unique story that will touch the lives of many. I can’t wait to see what God is going to do! This crown is far reaching into eternity and I can’t wait to see the fruits of my cross when I get to heaven one day. I’ll see all the lives my testimony has touched. So the cross is a trial and the crown is the blessing at the end of that trial.

What cross are you bearing today?

Share it with me.

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment