Friday, June 29, 2018

What is a Living Testimony?


What does it mean to be a living testimony? It means we no longer belong to just ourselves we belong to Christ. We no longer speak just of ourselves and our accomplishments instead we speak of what Christ has done for us. What has Christ done? He has saved our very souls from judgment and cleansed us of our sin and he constantly intercedes for us with the Father. He is for us not against us. He died for our sins and rose again in victory with the keys to death and hell in his hands.

A living testimony is a retelling of a moment when heaven touched earth and touched our hearts. It’s that moment when we felt God move in our hearts and in our lives. It’s that moment when we set aside the sin that so easily besets us and felt the Lord move in our lives. It’s the moment when God spoke in his still small voice and we were actually listening and heard him speak. It’s the moment when we were still and knew that God was in charge of our lives. It’s the moment we put our faith in Christ and had a saving faith, believing that Christ died to save us from our sins and rose again and that he lives. It’s that moment when we realized we were a sinner in need of a Savior. It’s the moment when we did something kind for someone else and didn’t expect something in return.

It is when we speak that Christ is preached. Are we preaching of his love? Are we speaking of the way he’s come through for us?

Christ has come through for me in many ways. For one the fact that I have a job and have to get out of bed to go to work is a blessing from God. If I were given to my own devices I would lay in bed until noon and feel depressed because I stayed in bed too long. I am also blessed with a job that has a purpose. In my company we serve the community and our goal is to help others live better lives. There’s no better job for me. I can only have the strength to go to work each day with Christ by my side. If I tried to do a good job in my own effort I would fail. Thankfully I have Christ right beside me.

The word says we will “overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.” It is with our mouths that we confess Jesus as Lord of our lives. People are watching us and what they believe about you is what they will believe about Christ. What kind of living testimony are you? Do you honor Christ with your life? I know sometimes I do and sometimes I fall short. But I have given my heart to Christ and I love him and he loves me and it is because of that love that I am picked back up when I fall. I am comforted and I am given another chance and another day to try again.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death. Revelation 12:11

The word of our testimony coupled with the power of Christ overcomes Satan. We, with the word of our testimony and with the authority of Christ, overcome the devil’s schemes. I haven’t read the above scripture in context before and they are speaking of overcoming the devil in this scripture.

             To be a living testimony means that we no longer place our faith in the things of this world that are supposed to make us happy. Instead we put our faith in Christ and we live because he lives. Our eternal destination is secure; heaven is our eternal home. Christ is worthy to be praised. Hallelujah for his sacrifice to save us. I want to speak more of Christ in my life and speak less about me.

How are you a living testimony?

Know that we all fall short. I have in no way arrived. My life ebbs and flows.

What’s your living testimony?

Share it with me.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment