Sunday, November 4, 2018

Confidence in God


Hello dear readers! I went to an encounter at my church this week. There was a session called baptism in the Holy Spirit. Pastor Paul prayed for us to be baptized by the Holy Spirit. He told us to hold up our hands if we felt the Holy Spirit. I didn’t feel anything so I didn’t hold up my hands. I had felt an emotional block to some of the sessions that we had. Several people came over and prayed for me. I just had my eyes closed and just waited to feel something. I finally felt some emotions stirring when one of the ladies praying for me said to let it go. I’ve got to tell you dear readers, I was holding onto a lot that I didn’t know I was holding on to. Finally after several minutes of prayer I started crying. I wept from deep in my soul. I let go of all the emotions that I had held back. I let go of the anxiety, the worry, the fear. I fell out in the Spirit and just laid on the floor and just cried. Two of my dear sisters sat on each side of me holding my hand telling me to let it go and that it was ok and praying God’s peace over me.

So I thought that after all that I would feel peaceful, thankful, full of joy. I just feel normal. Feeling normal is great for me though. I don’t feel anxious which is awesome. I was writing in my journal about this and I told myself I’ll know if this is real and true on Monday morning when I wake up for work. If I have anxiety or if I feel normal. There was a scripture on the page I was writing on.

The Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught. Proverbs 3:26 ESV

This verse really speaks to me. God is with me. I can be confident in Him. I don’t have to consider what Monday will bring. I just have to put my faith in the Lord, that he will keep my foot from being caught in the snare of anxiety. I have truly let go of my past and all my hurts. The encounter cleansed me from unforgiveness, sin, anxiety and other things that I was holding onto that were not good for me.

So I feel like David. When he went to slay Goliath he had confidence in the Lord that He would be with him and deliver Goliath into his hands. David only needed a stone to defeat Goliath because God was with him. Therefore, I need only a stone to defeat those things that I let go from me picking them back up. My stone is the word of God. I will hold onto the scripture I mentioned because the Lord is my confidence.

What’s your stone?

What’s your giant?

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment