Friday, November 9, 2018

What's Your Stone?


Dear Readers,

                How many of you have faced giants this week in your lives? Did these giants fall? I so want to come to you from a place of victory. I thought that going to the church encounter would cause my giants to fall. They haven’t fallen yet. But I believe I am one step closer to living a set free life. As each layer is pulled back, as I become more aware of what is weighing me down, I can shed the weight and leave the burden at the cross. I heard my pastor say once, what’s revealed is healed. So the encounter and the days leading up to it showed me the burdens that I bear. I’m not sure how to leave the burdens at the foot of the cross. It seems so easy. Just set it down, Amy. That’s what I keep telling myself but it’s like getting rid of an old heirloom. Something that you’ve been holding onto for years. I have a vice-like grip on anxiety even though it doesn’t do me any good. How do I leave it at the foot of the cross? How do you leave your vices at the foot of the cross?

                First of all, you need a resolve that says, giant I will no longer cower at the sound of your voice. Giant, I will no longer allow you to stand before me day after day telling me that my God doesn’t love me and won’t stick up for me. Secondly, recognize your giant. What do you dread each week? What is it that keeps you up at night? Thirdly, face your giant. You must stand before the giant and declare his defeat. For me, it would be saying this, anxiety you no longer have a place in my life, you have to flee in the name of Jesus. Lastly, pick up your stone. Your stone is what will make the giant fall. I don’t know what your stone is, but mine is the word of God. All week long when the anxiety comes I’ve been battling it with the word of God. My verse that really stuck with me and that I kept in my pocket all week was,

                The Lord will be your confidence and keep your foot from being caught. Proverbs 3:26 ESV

                I also pray a lot. When the anxiety comes I pray for the Lord to help me keep my focus on him. I do positive self-talk. I remind myself that the Lord calls me precious. I’ll tell myself no one is trying to hurt you, you are ok. I also try deep breathing sometimes. There’s many different things you can do to face the giants and make them fall. My giant is anxiety but I know that God is bigger than my anxiety. I just need daily reminders and to stay in God’s word to live a victorious life.

What’s your giant?

What’s your stone?

What is bigger than your God?

Who can defeat our God?

If God be for us who can be against us? Romans 8:31b

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment