Sunday, December 2, 2018

Do you want to show up or be a no show?


Dear reader, I’m coming to you from a place of just being human. Some days I don’t think I can make it, but I make it because of Christ. Sometimes I’m anxious about going to work but I go anyway. Sometimes I don’t want to get out of bed. I get out of bed anyway. There’s been something ingrained in me from a very young age to now. Even when I was bullied I showed up for school anyway. Even when I knew it was going to be hard I went anyway. I showed up for school. I showed up for job interviews. I showed up to drive on the freeway. Again and again I kept moving forward because I fully believe it is better to show up than be a no show. I show up for my life each day even when the days are hard. I would rather show up then be a no show. Jesus helps me show up for my life every day. I can’t make it on my own.

I so want to be free from all the worry that cycles through my mind every day. Some days it doesn’t stop. Some days I just want to give in to it but Jesus won’t let me. A knowledge of Christ won’t let me give up because I am an overcomer because Jesus lives in me and he’s an overcomer. I just want to say if you’ve been a no show in your life it’s never too late to start showing up. Don’t let the enemy win. Don’t let your discouragement win. Keep getting up. Keep moving forward. I promise you Jesus will not leave you. From experience I can say it was never as bad as I thought it was, once I started moving forward. I had created a mountain in my mind. A boulder of fear was an obstacle in my path. Once I started moving forward I saw the fear was merely a pebble in my shoe. Something I could step on and brush aside and move past. I promise you, you can move past what’s holding you back. It may look like it’s blocking your path but just keep on the paths of righteousness. That blockage has to leave in the name of Jesus.

I know that I am set free and one day I can just brush the worry aside. I have been able to do that it just creeps back up every now and then. It’s an old habit that I no longer want to give ear to. I no longer want to give the worry a foothold in my soul. God’s promises are so true. They are true for me and they are true for you. He promises never to leave us or forsake us. If God never leaves us, then why do we worry about what’s to come. He is right there beside us every single day. I just don’t know why I can’t keep that fact in my mind when the worry comes. Regardless I’m going so show up anyway.

What do you need to show up for this week?

What boulder is blocking your path?

Will you choose to let the fear win or will you keep going anyway?

What’s your personal mantra?

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment