Friday, December 14, 2018

Blood, Sweat and Tears


Dear readers, I’ve had quite the week my dears. I want to share this strong word with you. It blesses me each time I read it and I’ve read it a lot. I want to internalize this word. I want to be able to think of it whenever I need it most. I feel I need this reminder daily. Every day I need to know that I’m making a difference in this world. That who I am makes a difference in people’s lives, and in my own life as well.

My dear sweet elementary school friend Joy, came back into my life a couple years ago. I happened to see her at the place where she works. We talked for a bit and then I had to get going and she had to get back to work. I didn’t even think to get her phone number. It was raining that day. When I got to my car I prayed, “Lord please help me connect with Joy again and get her number.” I started driving away and who walks in front of my car but Joy in the rain, no umbrella, and a frown on her face. I rolled down my window and said, “Hey you want a ride.” She got in my car and we talked for a good hour and I got her phone number. So when I saw Joy this week, on my birthday what a treat, I gave her a great big hug goodbye. She said to me, “you know that day in the rain I felt like it was all falling down on me you brought him (Jesus) back into my life that day.” I almost cried when she said that to me. This is what I wrote in my journal after that. I remember that day, I hadn’t gotten Joy’s number and I prayed to God for me to connect with Joy again and she was walking right in front of my car. Answered prayer. Our hearts were open to him and each other that day.

It’s days like this that make the struggle worth it. It makes pushing through even more worthwhile. I won’t lie. It’s tough. But victories are hard things. They are hard because they are worth it. Some things can only be bought with blood, sweat and tears.

They are worth it.

I promise you.

Because once it is finished the result is priceless.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment