Sunday, May 31, 2020

Push Forward or Stand Still

Dear readers I have a resolve to share with you. I’m pushing forward through anxiety I’m not going to let it stop me. Why do I push forward? Because I know what it’s like to just stand still. It gets you nowhere. I push forward because I have hope in Christ. I know there’s a victory on the other side of this. How do I know this because I’ve had victories in my life and those victories happened when I was pushing forward not standing still.

If you look at David when he fought the giant, Goliath, he knew there was victory because of his relationship with the Lord. He had seen the Lord bring victories in his past. For instance, his sheep were attacked by a bear and a lion and God delivered David’s sheep out of the mouth of predators. Therefore, David knew God would deliver him from Goliath. David didn’t stand still he faced Goliath with a sling and a stone in his hand he knocked down the giant and removed his head with his own sword. David took action.

Let’s look at Joshua. He knew what it was to stand still. He was one of the 12 spies that sought out the promised land to see if the occupants could be defeated. 10 of the spies gave a bad report saying they would lose the battle. Joshua and Caleb said the Lord would deliver them from their enemies. Because of the bad report the people didn’t go into the land. They figuratively stood still for 40 years. Joshua knew what it was to stand still in the area of disbelief. He was the victim of others disbelief causing all the people to have to stand still. Have you ever stood in disbelief? I have. But no more. I’m striving forward. Joshua also had his pushing forward moment when he crossed the Jordan river into the promised land. The people who thought their enemies would defeat them were all dead. Their generation died in the wilderness because of disbelief. Because of standing still. When it was time to step into the promised land God told Joshua,

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

Why can we push forward? The Lord is with us so we do not need to be afraid.

I don’t want to stand still. Do you? Don’t you want to step into the promised land that the Lord has for you? I promise you it’s better than where you are right now. If you’re stuck in the same pattern of standing still I encourage you to do what Paul did.

Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those thing which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

This is how we push forward. Forget the past. Cling to Jesus. Stop standing still and put one foot in front of the other. There is victory on the other side of your circumstance. There is hope in Christ. He will never leave us nor forsake us; therefore, we will be victorious.


No comments:

Post a Comment