Monday, July 5, 2021

What To Do When God Gives You Lemons

                Have you ever heard the saying when life gives you lemons make lemonade? Well what do you do when God gives you lemons? I believe God gives us lemons to test and strengthen our character. I believe he wants to see what’s left of him in us when we get to the end of us. What I mean is what will be left of our character when we have trials? Will Jesus shine through us? Will we walk in Jesus authority and show people how he’s working in our lives and who he is or will we succumb to the trail and give up?

                I personally don’t want to give up. I want to see if I’m going to let Jesus shine through me.

                God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

                I so need this verse right now because I’ve been so fearful lately. I’m afraid of the unknown. My pastor says to think of the unknown as above and beyond what God is going to do in my life. I know that the trials that I face, the lemons, are to refine me and equip me to be a better solider in Christ’s army.

                So what can we do when God gives us lemons? We can praise him. We can worship him. We can seek his guidance and will for our lives. We can appreciate what he’s done for us. A heart of gratitude goes a long way.

So are you in a season of your life where God is giving you lemons?

Will you share it with me?

I just encourage you to not give up. God’s word says,

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT

                Do you see that? Right around the corner of your trial is a blessing. And not just one blessing it’s a harvest of blessing. I don’t know about you but I want to see that harvest of blessing come through in my own life. I know that God has big things headed my way. So too does he have big things headed your way. Don’t give up dear readers and just know there is a crowd of witnesses up in heaven watching our progress.

                Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1 NLT

                Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Endure the trials for there is such a huge blessing on the other side of your trial. Keep persevering. Keep praying. Keep serving. Keep on keeping on. You can do this. Keep turning to God.

                I’m here.

                I’m listening.

                Genuinely Yours,

                Amy Z

4 comments:

  1. 💙❤️💜🙏Amen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend I finally did it replyed to your blog. My lemon is to continue to pray for others faith, pray for God’s love to continue to penetrate my heart to be a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Amy! I pray for you and your “lemons”
    My lemons are my frustrations with some of my coworkers when they get away with laziness, gossiping, lying or just plain deceit. Instead of frustration I should pray for them and leave it in God’s hands. I remember once in awhile but I need to get better at it. Love you girl ❤️🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete