Friday, February 22, 2019

Raise Up


From my devotional, The One Year Devotional, by Larry Stockstill: Often we cry to God for relief from the enemy, but God is waiting for us to arise and get involved in the spiritual warfare.

                God has always helped me in the situation. So often I’ve asked for peace in the anxiety before the situation, but the Lord didn’t bring peace until I was in the situation. For instance, I’m asking for help with something at work. God cannot help me if I don’t do it. He will help me when I do it. Just like anything at work. He will help me when the situation comes.

                It’s just interesting to think God is waiting on me to take action and then he will rise up. In some things I need only to stand still just like the Israelites. Sometimes they needed only to stand still and God fought for them, sometimes he told them to march around a wall. Sometimes he sends the praise music in front of the army.

What’s God asking you to do today?

Is it to stand still while he fights your battles?

Is it to raise what God has given you up to part the Red Sea? Moses had to raise his staff to part the Red Sea.

Is it to march around the wall of your Jericho?

Is it to seek his face?

Pray about it and God will reveal it to you.

And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the Lord hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: Is not the Lord gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor and ten thousand men after him. Judges 4:14

God’s people took action.

What do you need to take action on today?

What item/tool/characteristic has God given you that you need to raise up to part the waters?

What would you part the waters with?

What do you need to do Amy?

I need to let go of laziness and procrastination and confidence is the characteristic I need to raise up.

Raise up dear readers.

Get up.

Take action.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment