Monday, February 18, 2019

Refining FIre


I’m under God’s refining fire right now. I feel a shifting in my way of thinking. I feel new freedom coming my way but boy is it uncomfortable. Sometimes it hurts a little. I know that God is with me and he’s bringing a new thing in my life. I prayed to God for me to be different. I prayed for a transformed and renewed mind. I prayed, Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10)

I no longer want to live my life the way I’ve been living. Full of anxiety and fear that just hits me right when I wake up some mornings. I don’t always feel that way but I just want to be free from these feelings. I want to trust God more. I want to lean on him. His word says when I am weak then he is strong. I want God to be the strength of my life. I just don’t quite know how to get there. I know though all these little things that are testing me are a refining fire. I’ll come out a brighter light for Christ than I was before.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:2-4

Behold I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. Isaiah 48:10 (ESV)

How about you dear readers?

Are you under God’s refining fire?

Share with me.

You are not alone, nor is it a surprise that we are being tested.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment