Monday, September 28, 2020

Jesus My Good Samaritan

 

Calls me by name (My Sheep hear my voice John 10:10)

Binds up my wounds (Psalm 147:3)

Anoints my head with oil (Psalm 23:5)

Shelters me (He who covers thee with wings Psalm 91:4)

Sets my feet upon a rock (Psalm 40)

Sees me when I slumber (Psalm 121:7)

Collects my tears (Psalm 56:8)

Hears my cries (Psalm 40)

Bears my burdens (Matthew 11:28-30)

Bears my iniquities (By his stripes we are healed Isaiah 53:5)

Covers my sin (Come let us reason together Isaiah 1:18)

Reconciles me back to the Father (2 Corinthians 5:18)

Petitions for me night and day

Knows what I go through

He restores my soul (Psalm 23:3)

Leads me on the paths of righteousness (Psalm 23:3)

Knit me together in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139)

Gave me the breath of life (Genesis 2:7)

Wakes me each day

Brings peace (Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6)

Lives within me (Holy Spirit)

Leads me to the promised land (Joshua 1:8)

Gives me courage (Joshua 1:8)

Sets the captives free (Isaiah 61:1)

Keeps plagues from me (Isaiah 91:5-7)

Prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies (Psalm 23:5)

Jesus shows us mercy on a daily basis and does all of these things. I encourage you to look up the scriptures and soak in the promises of God.

In what way is Jesus your good Samaritan?

Share it with me. I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

2 comments:

  1. For years I let everyday life overtake me, pushing God aside and just living my life. Still believing but not making God my priority. I always felt like I was missing something. I am truly blessed that God put two co workers in my life that made me open my eyes. I was looking at books with one of them and we were intrigued by The Complete Guide to the Bible. I bought it. I couldn’t get enough. It was so interesting. Then I would hear one listen to Joyce Meyer after the store closed. I downloaded her app and started listening. A big eye opener for me. I listen every chance I get even at work. I decided to join her 30/30 challenge. Study the Bible for 30 minutes for 30 days. I’m on day 16 I believe. It was tough at first but I prayed about it and in one of her videos she said pick a chapter. Read it slowly. Write down anything that you can use in your life or that talks to you to start. Wow. Life changer. I’m not a pro lol. But I’m actually learning and retaining what I read. My last study was Proverbs 8 on wisdom. 13 verses spoke to me. God placed those girls and you in my path. I have a long way to go but with reading and studying the word daily and Jesus in my heart I am on the right path. My life is filling more complete everyday. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart with me and your struggles. I too have found myself letting everyday life take over sometimes. Thank God Jesus is always there for us we just need to turn to him. I didn’t fully understand that I was a sinner in need of a savior until I was committing a 10 commandment sin. The moment I realized I was a sinner I gave my heart to Christ. I’m so glad God put those two in your life that opened your eyes. That’s great your thirst for God was God given. He draws us to him first. It is we who God is pursuing. I’m so glad you found a great bible teacher (Joyce Meyer) to minister to your heart. That sounds like a good challenge. I like the tips she had. That is so great that you’re retaining what you read and learning. I’m so happy for you. Being in God’s word is such a blessing. Amen. I’m so glad we are on this journey together. I so look forward to your comments on my blog and knowing that I’m touching your life it’s a blessing. You bring great encouragement to me too so thank you. I love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete