Monday, January 25, 2021

Sharp as a Sword

            Dear readers as I read the scripture below it got me thinking about the truth in me being as sharp as a sword. So too is the truth in you.

Listen to me, all you in distant lands! Pay attention, you who are far away!
The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name.
He made my words of judgment as sharp as a sword.  He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver. Isaiah 49:1-2

I don’t know about words of judgment but I know He’s given me the authority to pierce through the darkness with my words. He will use my specific personality to reach the lost and hurting. This piercing will set people free from bondage. It will set lands free because it is the word of God and it does not come back void. The truth is sharp as a sword and lies cannot hide from it. The darkness is pierced by the light. We pierce through that darkness by being the light in the darkness.

Because of God’s tender mercy,  the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace. Luke 1:78-79

The light that the verse above is talking about is Jesus. And as disciples of Christ we too have the authority to bring light to the darkness.

How do we become sharp as a sword? By reading his word, by prayer, by meditation, through fellowship and by assembling together hearing God’s word from a learned person. Fellowship is so important for the word says, as iron sharpens iron so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17 We also become sharp as a sword through surrendering to the will of God. All these things prepare us so that we can be that sharp sword that does what the following scripture says.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12

What does that sharp sword do?

It sheds light in the darkness.

It sets the captives free.

It cuts through the chains of bondage.

It carries the truth on it’s very tip.

Lies, darkness and chains fall at the swift movement of its blade.

You dear reader are the sword in God’s hand. Will you let the Lord lead you to his target, the lost and the hurting? Will you cut through the lies and set people free?

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

2 comments: