Sunday, January 10, 2021

God My Creator

               In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, and in that beginning God thought of me, and in that thought he didn’t just think about how he was going to form me he thought about how I would conform to the image of his son and be a part of his kingdom and be a disciple.

                Who am I that God would think of me? I am his daughter. A child of God. Beloved and loved and chosen and cherished. Have you ever wondered how you came to be? It was a thought that God had of you. When God created Adam he did not just create a man he poured his breath in and created a living soul. And that is what you and I are. A living soul. God has a purpose for us in his kingdom and that is to glorify him. He’s using everything in our lives to point it all back to him and what he has done for us. The word says that we will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. There is nothing more powerful that we can do than to speak of Christ and what he has done for us.

God created my soul, the very essence of my being. He created my personality and my essence. Everything about me was formed before breath was put in my lungs. He fashioned me together in my mother’s womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. He created me because he knew one day he would delight in me and that I would make his heart smile when I gave my heart to Christ. I do believe that God delights in me. I know without a doubt that he loves me and I am so embraced by his love. He speaks to me even now in this blog to give me encouragement so that I can in turn encourage you. I am so grateful for you dear reader. It encourages my heart to see that you have visited this blog. To know that somehow God is using me for his kingdom and his glory. Thank you for reading my blog week after week.

Do you know that I was destined to be writing this blog before I was ever born? God knew me and formed me in my mother’s womb. He knew and knows my destiny and he’s using me every day to bring the light of Christ to others. Oh to be known by God. To be cherished and loved and held dear. You too are known by God. You too were formed by his hands before you were ever born. He thought of you and he delights in you. Every moment that we have breath is a miracle given by God. It blows my mind to think that the one who created the heavens, the earth, the stars, the animals, the insects, this creator also created me. He paid attention to every detail in forming my body and my cells and my soul and then brought them together to all function perfectly. God did that.

So what can you do to thank God for his wonderful creation, you? How can you treat yourself better this week to reflect the miracle that you are? How can you treat others better, with kindness, because of the miracle that they are?

Share it with me.

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

2 comments: