Monday, February 15, 2021

Unsheath Your Weapon

               Dear reader I believe this blog is a call for you to begin to be activated in the Lord’s army. I see you ready to pull the sword from its sheath. The blade is about to be in your hand. Let’s pause for a minute and consider the strongest weapon you have that is most affective for God’s kingdom.

                For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12 NLT

The word of God pierces the darkness. I see you beginning to pierce the darkness by bringing your light to others. There’s no one like you in the world. You, yes you, are able to speak to others and encourage them by the words that you speak. Can you be a little kinder today and reach out to that person you haven’t talked to in a while? You are a light for God’s kingdom and you will pierce the darkness, the deadness inside. You will speak life and you will bring life into dead situations.

We do not come into the darkness empty handed. We have the word of the Lord on our lips and the Holy Spirit in our hearts and a heart thirsty for the Lord. You will set people free from their bondage. I see chains of oppression coming off people by the word of God pouring from your lips.

When we put on the full armor of God every piece is necessary, but none so necessary as the word of God and the helmet of salvation.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:17 KJV

You carry the word and the Holy Spirit. Salvation is what happens in our hearts and we activate that with our lips. What we say is so powerful. With our words we can’t help but profess of what God has done for us. What has God done for us? He has saved us from a life riddled by sin and death and put our feet on the rock of Jesus. His blood has set us free from the power of sin and death. He has brought us eternal life.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7 KJV

You may question who am I to bring forth the word of the Lord. So too did Moses question who was he to go before Pharaoh. God responded with I will be with you. He didn’t tell Moses who Moses was he told Moses who he was and that he’d be with him. So maybe we don’t need to know who we are. Maybe we just need to know whose we are to go forth. Maybe we just need to know who God is.

But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?” God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.” Exodus 3:11-12 NLT

You need not fear for God’s word accomplishes that which he wants it to. It does not come back void.

“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:10-11 NKJV

Go with a heart ready to speak life and God will make it come to pass.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21

So I encourage you to speak life today. No longer look at a situation as too far gone for God to intervene and speak life into that spouse, that child, that friend, that coworker. It will bless them and will also bless you because when you speak life you can’t help but live it.

What situation can you speak life into today?

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

1 comment: