Sunday, February 21, 2021

Waiting for the Battle Cry

             So there has been a shift in my perspective and I am willing to be moved from my current position into the position the Lord had for me all along. I fully believe I’m going to be in ministry at some point in my life. I fully believe I’m going to be writing full-time. I just don’t know when. So I wait. So far I’m waiting patiently for the Lord to speak, but I haven’t been waiting long. What are you waiting for? Are you ready for the Lord to move? I know that the Lord has to prepare my heart for what is to come. He has challenges that are uniquely made for me and he brings those challenges because he knows they will strengthen my faith. They will strengthen my reliance on him.

I’m not the only one who has waited on the Lord to activate his people. In the book of Acts Jesus tells them,

Once when he was eating with them, he commanded them, “Do not leave Jerusalem until the Father sends you the gift he promised, as I told you before. John baptized with water, but in just a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 1:4-5 NLT

So Jesus followers did as he commanded and waited. So too should we wait on God for his timing is perfect.

So I feel like I’m waiting for a battle for the Lord’s kingdom. I’m waiting for the souls I’m going to reach. They are not here yet and while I wait I meditate on the goodness of God. He took me from being suicidal, thinking I was possessed by demons, so very broken and set my feet upon the rock (Jesus) and put a new song in my mouth (Psalm 40:1-3). He has set me free to be a warrior for his kingdom.

I’m waiting for the battle cry to activate me to go in with my sword ready into the battlefield. The sword is the truth of God and the battlefield is souls waiting to come to know Christ. You too will be activated for battle dear readers, if you let the Lord do a great work in you. I can feel that waiting period. Waiting patiently for the Lord to activate you, me, us, just waiting until the Lord says go this is where I’m sending you. I can’t wait to be used by God fully. Right now I’m not reaching out to people as much as I should. So therefore in the waiting I should speak of Christ everywhere I go. If I want to be a mouthpiece of the Lord I need to speak now and not later. I don’t need to wait for God to give me his Holy Spirit to give me the right words for the Holy Spirit already lives inside of me. So too does he live inside of you dear reader.

What will you do with your waiting period?

I want to get to know the word of God more. I want to let God use me to pray for people and encourage people. I want to feel the love of the Lord and give the love of the Lord. I want to get rid of my selfish ways and stop thinking about myself so much and consider how to love others. God has me in a holding pattern, so I’m waiting to hear from the Lord on where to go next. Here I am Lord send me!

How about you dear reader?

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment