Monday, July 20, 2020

Breaking Through

I came across a new author on Facebook called John Roedel. He wrote this book called Hey God, Hey John. He writes and God speaks to him. So he’ll write Me: and ask a question or give a statement and then he’ll write God and God responds. It is so cool and reminds me so much of what God does through me. God will say to me in my journal my child I’m here and I know it’s God because I definitely don’t call myself my child. I’m veering off the reservation a little bit so let me get back on track. So a friend of mine posted some of Roedel’s work and it just really spoke to me. I don’t want to include it here because his work belongs to him. Look on my Facebook page for today and you’ll find what I’m talking about. Part of his conversation with God was him saying that he’s falling apart and he said he’s breaking down and God’s response was you are breaking through. So I took you’re breaking through and ran with it.


What I like best about this is that the breaking through is just so powerful. I’m breaking through anxiety. I’m breaking through fear. I’m breaking through depression. I’m breaking through lust. I’m breaking through unforgiveness. I’m breaking through lack of confidence. I’m breaking through disappointment. I’m breaking through hardship. I’m breaking through just surviving. I’m breaking through rejection. I’m breaking through lack of self-worth. I’m breaking through what people think of me. I’m breaking through the walls of my heart. Little by little, inch by inch I’m breaking through everything that has me tethered to my past. I’m breaking through wishful thinking. I’m breaking through a wondering mind. I’m breaking through soul ties. I’m breaking through all the weight I’ve carried for all these years. I’m breaking through waiting for a husband. I’m breaking through waiting for my future children to come along. I’m breaking through and I’m lifting my hands to the sky and asking Jesus to take all my burdens. To take what does not serve me well and transform and renew my mind. I’m breaking through legalism. I am not bound to the law I am set free by the Spirit. Grace abounds. I’m breaking through hiding who I truly am. The mask is off. This is me I’ve come so far and I don’t intend to turn back now.


God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant. Romans 5:20 NLT


What is your breaking through moment today?


Share your thoughts with me.


I’m listening.


Genuinely Yours,
Amy Z.


2 comments:

  1. I saw the Hey John articles on your Facebook page and they literally blew me away. I sat there in tears reading them. I now follow his page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hey John articles. It's cool to see someone writing and God writing back which is what happens for me too. I love that the Lord speaks to me through my writing. I follow his page now too and got his book Hey God, Hey John. It's good. I like it.

    ReplyDelete