Friday, July 31, 2020

Stay in Your Chains

Do you feel stuck in your situation? Do you feel like there’s no way out? Have you ever thought that God has you right where he wants you? Have you thought about those that are going to come to Christ because of your testimony? There were two disciples who wound up in prison. Paul and Silas. Did they sing sad songs of why me and have pity parties of despair? No. The bible states that they were singing songs and praying.

25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”

29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:25-31

Paul and Silas were set free from their chains but they didn’t leave their prison. Why? Because of the jailer who was going to come to know Christ and hear the gospel. Sometimes the Lord has you in prison because of those around you who are in bondage and will be set free. It’s important to discern the Lord’s voice to know when to stay and when to go.

And do you know what happened after the jailor gave his heart to Christ? Paul and Silas went back to prison. They were released the next morning but they went back to the prison. Why? Because the jailor would’ve been executed if they had shown up missing. They sacrificed their freedom for a little while so that the jailor could be free from the bondage of sin and give his heart to Christ.

With this covid19 virus do you feel like you don’t serve a purpose where God has you? I kind of feel that way, which surprises me because I feel like my job is a calling God has placed on my life. We don’t have as many customers as we used to and I miss interacting with them and I question am I making a difference? The answer is yes of course I am because I am shining the light of Christ into everyone I meet. Christ is setting the captives free. Even if I shine the light of Christ into just one person I’m making a difference. I encourage you to stay put where you are in this moment and ask God where he wants you to be.

Don’t worry.

He’ll show you the way.

Pray and sing songs while you wait.

Maybe God is waiting for you to ask him the right question.  

He’s listening.

Raise up your voice to his tuned in ears.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z


2 comments:

  1. Amy,this word was such a blessing & a positive reminder that God takes what the enemy meant for evil & turns it around for our good & His glory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I love that God takes the negative things in our lives and turns it out for our good. He stretches and grows us in the hardest of places for our good. And as you said it's all for His glory so that others will come to know Christ.

      Delete