Friday, July 24, 2020

Stretch Out Your Tents

God is calling me out of my comfort zone to stretch me and grow me. God will grow us even in our failings and mistakes. Peter is a fine example of someone who made a mistake and was still used by God. On the day Christ was crucified Peter denied knowing Christ three times. Three times! This did not stop Jesus from giving him a commission to feed his sheep and build his church. So too will Christ give us a second chance when we make mistakes. Even when we make mistakes daily Christ is with us. Christ is with us and wants us to succeed so he gives us multiple chances. His grace never fails us. He will always give us another chance to prove ourselves to him. Christ wants to take us from where he found us to be closer to him and more like him. Christ wants us to shine his light into other’s lives. Christ did this with Peter. God called Peter out of his comfort zone. When Peter met Christ he was a fisherman and his name was Simon. Christ changed Simon’s name to Peter which means rock. Christ turned Peter from a fisherman into a fisher of men, a disciple of Christ. After Christ died Peter was instrumental in building up the first church and ministering to the hearts of thousands.

There’s another apostle that the Lord spoke to after his death and resurrection. His name was Saul and when Saul met Christ he persecuted Christians. Christ changed his name to Paul and Paul wrote much of the new testament. He was instrumental in spreading the gospel throughout the world. Christ has a way of changing us from who we were to who he made us to be. I fully believe that those of you reading this will be used by Christ in a mighty way. I believe Christ is telling us all to stretch out our tents so that we can hold the increase that is coming our way. He’s building us up for his kingdom to reach out to those that only we can reach out to. There are people out there who wouldn’t listen if Christ himself was speaking to them, but will listen to what you have to say. Why? Because they know you and when you have a life transformed by Christ it speaks volumes. I encourage you dear readers speak of what Christ has done for you it will make a difference in someone’s life.

    Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be though confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. Isaiah 54:2-4 (KJV)

    I love the above scripture. In verse 5 it speaks of the Lord as our husband which I just love. I believe the Lord is stretching us out of our comfort zone to increase the influence we will have on others. We are being set free from anxiety, doubt, worry, fear. The word says perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18) and the Lord is casting that fear away from us much like a fisherman casts his nets away from him. The net of our fears will bring back the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control (Galatians 5:22-23)

    So here’s where I’m at dear readers. I believe the Lord is stretching me. He’s taking me past my comfort zone so I can be who he called me to be. Much like he called Peter and Paul. Much like he’s calling you. You may think that the Lord is not using you right where you are at, but I want you to know that he is using you right where you are. No matter what you do in life the Lord is using you to shine a light into people’s lives. Are you a Christ follower? If you are, you do shine the light of Christ out of you and God has a mighty work he wants you to do so cast out the net of your fear and catch some fruits of the Spirit.

What’s the Lord stretching your tents to receive?

I believe the Lord is going to increase the audience for this blog and my book, Set Free Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. I can’t wait to see the lives that are going to change by God using me to reach out to the lost and the hurting.

Thank you dear reader I so appreciate the opportunity to share a piece of my walk with Christ with you.

What’s God calling you to do?

Can you take a step toward it today and walk by faith and not by sight?

Share it with me. I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Amy! What an absolute blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I appreciate your kind words. Have a blessed day!

      Delete