Friday, October 23, 2020

Do you come to me?

 

Jesus went to his cousin John to be baptized. John replies “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” So often we question when God comes to us to do a great work. We think surely God could do something far mightier either on his own or with someone besides us. However, there are people out there who won’t listen to God himself but will listen to you. Why? Because you are an example of a life changed by Christ and people will be more open to hearing about your conversion and your testimony. So I encourage you dear readers don’t think surely God should use someone else. It is an honor to be chosen by the Lord and I know what you’re thinking, but I can’t possibly do that (whatever God has called you to do). You can because God has equipped you with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is within you and can help you do whatever task God has called you to.

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented. Matthew 3:13-15 NIV

Jesus also was unable to do miracles in the city he grew up in Nazareth.

And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.” And so he did only a few miracles there because of their unbelief. Matthew 13:57-58 NLT

Jesus said we would do greater works than what he did. Again I repeat, people won’t listen to Christ himself, but will listen to you. Will you take the time to share what God has done for you with someone this week?

I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. John 14:12 NLT

Who do you need to reach out to today?

Don’t delay, you are a blessing and will bless those you reach out to.

What do you need prayer for today?

Share it with me.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment