Friday, October 30, 2020

Voice of God: Psalm 139

 Search me, o God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts; point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me on the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24 NLT

Amy: Ok God I feel stuck, can you get me out of this season?

God: All seasons were created by me. You aren’t stuck you’re moving forward into all the blessings I have in store for you. Don’t forget I am a fact not a feeling. Your feelings are deceiving you-let go and grab onto me.

Amy: Why can’t I feel you the way others feel you? I want to feel your presence in the depths of my soul.

God: My relationship with you cannot be compared to others. I’ve given you gifts and talents that I haven’t given to others. Don’t compare yourself. You can’t compare yourself to them because there is no one else like you and you are in different stages of maturity.

Amy: Is there a blockage God? Is that why I Don’t feel you?

God: No beloved there isn’t a blockage. It’s ok for you to feel how you feel. It’s ok for you to open up to me. I will not hurt you. I’m here for you. You are growing and changing day by day. You’re getting closer to the purpose I have for your life. Don’t give up. Don’t stop.

Amy: I don’t want to give up but sometimes it’s hard because I don’t feel you. I have to remind myself my relationship with you is based on facts and not feelings.

God: Beloved you don’t feel me when you let other things take your focus off of me. The anxiety for example to a certain degree you control it. You cast your thoughts on the future hoping to gain control or have power. Let your future rest in my hands. You don’t know what is to come. Only I do. Why don’t you come to me with questions about your tomorrow?

Amy: But God what if you can’t be trusted? What if you’re going to fail me? What if I have to live my life without you?

God: You perceive a future without me and it is never to be. I have never failed you and I won’t start now. You can trust me my child.

Amy: Lord will you give me the strength to bear the challenges in my life? Will your grace cover me?

God: My power is made perfect in weakness when you are weak I am strong. I am the strength of your life. You can borrow my strength.

Amy: When will you set me completely free from the anxiety?

God: When you completely let it go. Stop casting your cares onto anxiety and cast them to me. I can bear the weight of your burdens; you cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment