Friday, November 27, 2020

Know Your Worth

            My cousin Lauren bought several jackets valued at $200 dollars. She offered to give me two. I said no I don’t need two jackets and that’s too extravagant. Then she told me she paid 14.99 for each jacket. So I said ok I’ll take two. It got me thinking why was I not worth it for the higher price? This in turn got me thinking about Jesus and the high price he paid for my sins. He bought me at a high price to reconcile me back to the Father.

 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:20 NKJV

Jesus sacrificed his life so that I may have life and have it more abundantly.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 NKJV

How about you do you feel worthy of his extravagant love? You are precious to God it even says so in his word.

For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you peoples in exchange for your life. Isaiah 43:3-4 ESV

Can you take a moment and pause and think about your Father your God loving you? You have value to God.

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:26 NKJV

 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 NKJV

God was so motivated by love for you that he sent his only begotten son to die for your sins so you could be reconciled back to the Father. He put a plan into place in the beginning to save you from eternal judgment.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18 NKJV

You are on God’s mind every single day. Every moment he thinks of you. That’s how deep his love is for you. Now I ask you do you know your worth?

You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Psalm 139:5 NLT

What has God been doing in your life to show you how much he loves you?

Share it with me.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment