Friday, November 6, 2020

Where I Come From

           It makes me want to cry to think of how merciful God has been to me. I was so broken. Where do I come from? Let me tell you where I come from. I lived a very limited life without Christ. I hated myself. I did things that I’m not proud of. I didn’t even know Christ but Christ knew me. I didn’t even know I needed saving but he still saved me. I was living in sin, coveting a man who had a girlfriend. What broke the sin off my back was an evening in which I was with the guy I was seeing at a bar. He was groping me, pulling my hair, talking to his girlfriend on the phone and hitting on the waitress and I had the thought I deserve no better than this. Right away another thought came to mind, I do deserve better than this. I was his designated driver. I drove him home and I was done with him after that. I believe the Holy Spirit spoke to me to help me know my worth.

I started walking every day because I heard that releases endorphins and is good for you. That was in April of 2012. In June of 2012 I went to a church service at High Desert Church. The sermon was on regret and the pastor said when you sin you sin against God. I finally understood salvation I thought to myself, Oh I’m a sinner. Because I had been in one of the 10 commandment sins I finally understood I was a sinner. I gave my heart to Christ right then. I had known about Christ but didn’t realize that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. I got baptized in October of 2012. I wound up following a false prophet in 2014, which led to me being in a cult, suicidal, brainwashed, believing I was possessed by demons and on the last thread of my life. I would have lost my life if it wasn’t for God. He plucked me out of that situation and set my feet upon a rock and put a new song in my mouth. I am completely healed from the trauma because of Christ. I wrote a book called Set Free Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. It’s getting published. I will reach many with my testimony and many will come to Christ. I wanted to write for God when I first got saved in 2012. I didn’t really start writing for God until the book came pouring out of me in 2016. It is with this blog that I believe I’m writing for Christ. I journal consistently and the Lord speaks to me through my writing. It’s such a blessing to write for God. It’s such a blessing to serve God. I wanted to share this with you so that you know where I come from, but also as a reminder to myself that I’ve come so far. I’m still a work in progress and I can’t wait to see what Christ has in store for me.

Will you share your testimony with me?

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment