Sunday, December 27, 2020

Dare to Dream Again

          When the Lord turned our captivity again then we were like them that dream. Psalm 126:1

I was suicidal, thought I was possessed by demons, I was on the last thread of my life and the Lord rescued me. He plucked me out of that situation and put a new song on my lips (Psalm 40:3). I was in the shadow of death. I had no dreams in that place. I thought hell and death were where I was headed. I couldn’t dream in such a hell. It took me awhile to dream again. I began to dream of being a librarian and God brought that dream to fruition. I dreamed my book would be published and it’s on its way. God is the one who brings our dreams to pass. What’s your dream? Those who are broken, do you dare to dream again?

Then was our mouth filled with laughter and our tongue with singing then said they among the heathen God hath done great things for them. Psalm 126:2

I began to laugh again. I began to sing. I began to be blessed and love my life all because God brought me back from captivity and gave me a dream. Many shall read or hear my testimony and many shall receive Christ through my testimony. God’s word says

And they have conquered him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony. Revelations 12:11

My testimony through Christ will reach the deepest darkest places of the hearts of the people.

The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad. Psalm 126:3

The Lord hath done great things for me. He gave me a job with the library eventually promoting me to librarian. I started out at the bottom position but because of God I was able to reach higher. He broke the silence for me about the cult and brainwashing that happened. He showed me Jesus when I needed him most. He’s carried me through every trial, every anxiety, every burden. He gave me the words for the book Set Free Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. He gives me the words for the blog each week. He speaks to me through his word. He calls me beloved.

Turn again our captivity o Lord as streams of the south. Psalm 126:4

Anxiety holds me captive. It was a mountain before me and God has chiseled it down to a grain of sand. He is doing a new thing in my life. He’s making me a new creation.

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19.

They who sow in tears will reap in joy. Psalm 126:5

I have wept many of tears over anxiety. I have cried out to the Lord many times and even though it is not completely gone I still feel as though I can reap in joy because my Savior, my God, my King is making a way for me to finally be free.

He that goeth forth and weepeth bearing precious seed shall doubtless come again rejoicing bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6

I have wept, I have cried out, I have prayed for the anxiety to be gone. God honors those moments when we are completely transparent before him and even though I’m on the last bit of the anxiety I see the relief on the horizon and I will be made new. I know God will give me even greater dreams than these.

What’s your dream?

Will you share it with me?

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

2 comments: