Thursday, December 31, 2020

Prize Fighter

            You can’t be victorious if you don’t fight the battle.

This was true of the Israelites who came out of Egypt. They would have to take their promised land by force little by little but God was with them in the battle. So too is God with us in the battle. We cannot receive the blessings in our promised land without fighting for them.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 KJV

I fight a battle daily. It is the fight to get out of bed when the anxiety tries to convince me its better trapped inside with it. But I have evidence to the contrary. I’ve lived that life. I’ve stayed inside in my bed and it was miserable. I was miserable. Day after day I slipped further and further into a stagnant life.

When I was suicidal one thing that saved my life was having a job and having to get out of bed. There was somewhere I had to be. There were people counting on me. The same is true even now but the stakes are higher. I’m the boss. I’ve got to come to work in the best possible mood I can be in because it will affect how I lead others. So my battle is getting out of bed.

What’s your battle?

So recently I succumbed a little to the anxiety. I get up at 6:30 every morning to walk. I didn’t stick to my routine Monday or Tuesday and it depressed me. However, I’ve decided to use this verse to battle the anxiety and get out of bed.

So let’s not get tired of doing good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT

There’s a blessing on the other side of your struggle.

Don’t give up.

Fight the battle.

You win the battle because Christ is victorious.

You win you just have to fight!

Genuinely Yours,

               Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment