Saturday, December 12, 2020

Fiery Trials: A Test of Faith

          We all face fiery trials. They are meant to grow and mature us in the Lord. I’m being stretched at work. I’m going to be doing contact tracing, which puts me way out of my comfort zone. I don’t want to do this, but neither do I want to stay stuck in the state I’m in. This is going to free me from anxiety. This is to grow my confidence in the Lord. This is to try me. To show me if my faith will stand strong in this trial. Will I continue to seek the Lord even in this? Or will I try to do it on my own? I know I want to seek the Lord in this. If I want to get past my comfort zone I have to do this. I want to move forward. I want to forget my past and strive toward the future. Paul put it like this:

 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14 KJV

We have not arrived. We will always be a work in progress in the Lord. Thank God. Letting go of our past rejections will help us strive forward for the high calling God has placed on our lives. No matter where you find yourself today God has placed a high calling on your life.

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:12-13 KJV

So the word says a fiery trial is to be expected. I fully believe that God is giving me a heart for people. It is an answered prayer but boy its uncomfortable. But God is not here to keep us comfortable. He’s here to make us holy and look more like Jesus. I thank God that he does not give up on me and that he keeps refining me because I need it. I can’t wait to feel joy at the end of this trial instead of fear and trepidation. God has not failed me yet. However, I still imagine that he will. That I can’t do this but God says I can. God encouraged Moses when he asked him to go before Pharaoh. Moses had trepidation just like we all do. He said:

And Moses said unto God, who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring for the children of Israel out of Egypt? And he said, certainly I will be with thee; Exodus 3:11-12a KJV

See how God encouraged Moses right away? He said he would be with him. So too is God with us in our fiery trials. And God tells us not to fear.

Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 ESV

What fiery trail are you in?

Share it with me.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Word, it's so important that we remember going through a fire doesn't mean we will get burned, but that God is refining us, removing the dross, & letting us come forth as gold. There is a song that says, There is another in the fire, standing next to me. So I know that no matter what we go through in life, God is right there in the midst of it all 🤗🙌🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment. It is so true that God is refining us in that fire. It's uncomfortable but it's burning off the old ways of doing things and setting us free. God is definitely there through it all. Amen.

    ReplyDelete