Sunday, March 28, 2021

Live An Abundant Life

            Dear readers I want to talk to you about an abundant life. So there’s a block in my mind about living an abundant life. I’m trying to live an abundant life with a scarcity mindset. I question who am I to thrive while so many are just surviving. Who am I that God would bless me? I was so broken for so long and God has redeemed my brokenness. He’s restored me and leads me on the paths of his righteousness. So why do I live as if I am alone without a Savior who carries me each day? Why can’t I recognize the great blessing in the life that God has given me? I don’t know how to live an abundant life. I mean I’m living my life but I’m not enjoying my life the way I want to. Let’s look at what Wikipedia says about an abundant life:

“Abundant life" refers to life in its abounding fullness of joy and strength for spirit, soul and body. www.en.Wikipedia.org

I want that. I want to live my life in the fullness of joy and with strength for my spirit, soul and body.

Let’s see what the bible says about an abundant life:

                        The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Jesus has come to give us life. He saves us from death and brings us to life. We shall one day be with him in heaven. When I was my most broken he came to me and offered me salvation. I have been living my life in fear of living it. If I would just look at my life I can see what’s scarce in my life these days and that’s Fear, doubt, worry, anxiety, depression and sadness. God has replaced them with joy, love, mercy, grace and forgiveness. What does God’s word say he will do for the lost?

I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick…Ezekiel 34:16a

God is speaking to me through his word. He has sought me out. I was lost. Broken. In despair. Depressed. Suicidal. Driven away by the past. God has strengthened me. I am thriving right where I am. I’m like a sapling on my way to becoming a tree. A sapling lives for the moment and has within it the ability to become a mighty oak. I am like that sapling. I have great potential and I need not look to the past. In the past I was once a seed. I didn’t know the word of God for myself but God watered me with his word and I’ve grown into a sapling and I have the potential to be that oak. I can embrace the moment as a sapling and have the courage to weather all the storms and continue to grow into that mighty oak. I can choose where my mind will land. I can stay stuck in the past, avoid the moment and fear the future or I can feel the sun on my face and embrace my life right now. So often I’ve let my life pass me by. Just striving for the next thing and the next instead of living in the moment. Living in the moment is rare for me. I so often let my mind wander and I don’t want to do that anymore. I’m sick and tired of letting anxiety, fear, worry and doubt overtake my mind. I want to embrace the Lord. I’m just not quite sure how to do that.

So where do you find yourself today dear reader?

Are you embracing the life God has given you?

Are you cherishing every moment he gives you?

Are you living in the soil as a seed when God has called you to be a mighty oak?

I’m that sapling and I want to just enjoy my season as a sapling and wait on the Lord to grow my branches and allow me to bear fruit in due season.

                I want to live an abundant life.

How about you?

 I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,
Amy Z.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy, this one hit home for me. I hope the future will bring abundant happiness....💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! I too want abundant happiness and we all shall have it indeed as we wait and grow patiently in God ! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Toni! I believe I will live a happy abundant life. Amen Tammy! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete