Monday, April 5, 2021

A New Beginning Dawns

                My cousin sent me an image that had this saying, “faith is not an epidural that takes away the pain. It’s a midwife who stands next to us through the whole process and says push it’s supposed to hurt.” What a good word and so true when we are stretched past our comfort zones it is going to hurt but there’s a blessed new life at the end of it. A new beginning is headed my way. It is not a beginning that is going to come easy for my old life has to die and come to an end so that I can be like Lazarus who walks out of the tomb. I have the grave clothes on, the stench of death is at my nose, but Jesus is right there holding his arms open wide ready to embrace me with the new life that he offers. God’s word says we are a new creation in Christ.

                 Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV

                  Therefore, I need to embrace the new life and let go of the things in my life that need to die. The things that need to die are pride, ego, doubt, worry, fear, anxiety, procrastination, laziness, fear of starting new things and running from my emotions and from God. I’m tired of holding onto my old comfort zone. God is trying to bring something new into my life. I want to embrace the pain of the new beginning like a mother embraces the pain of giving birth for at the other side of that pain is a blessed new life and a new beginning.  

                     Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19 KJV

                     I have to admit dear readers that I’ve been floundering lately. I haven’t been reading my bible in the morning or praying before work. I’ve been staying in bed until the last possible moment and then getting up and going for a walk. I can’t seem to find the zeal or the resolve I once had to get out of bed and read God’s word. I find that several Christians I talked to are having the same problem. I know the enemy is always out to get us, so isn’t it just like him to get us to stay out of the word of God and become stagnant? A couple people have told me to pray before I get out of bed. I do need to try that. So wish me God’s best on getting out of bed early in the morning dear reader.

                     What would you like to see come to fruition in your life?

                      Are you waiting for a new beginning?

                      Will you share it with me?

                        I’m here.

                        I’m listening.

                        Genuinely Yours,

                         Amy Z

No comments:

Post a Comment