Friday, April 23, 2021

Look Up

            I lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

Look up. Lift up your eyes to you creator. When you look up it takes your eyes and mind off of the world and puts it on Jesus. I’m reminded of Peter when he walked on water. When his eyes were on the Lord his faith in Christ allowed him to walk on water. He knew Jesus could perform miracles. When he put his eyes on the storm his faith waned. It caused him to sink. We can have the faith it takes to put our eyes on the Lord and no matter what surrounds us we can keep the faith that God will perform a miracle in our lives. He will help us walk on water.

Jesus walks on water and so does Peter. When Peter sinks Jesus asks why did you doubt me? Is that where you find yourself today dear reader? I don’t doubt God, I doubt myself. Am I capable? Can I do this? But then I guess it is like doubting God because he created me and he called me to spread the gospel just as he’s called each one of us. I fear rejection but the word says when they reject you they are rejecting the one who sent you. So how do we keep our eyes on Christ? By praying to him and asking him to help us when we sink. By worshipping him for when we worship him our eyes are fixed on him. Truly thank him when you worship him. Remember what he has done. Call it back to him and thank him for the ways he’s been there for you. Serve. By serving him it puts your mind on loving others and on showing your appreciation for his love by loving others. We keep our eyes on him through the word. I encourage you to spend time in his word daily. It will bless you. For the word is actively correcting us and showing us how Christ wants us to live our lives. It is the word that gives us strength to stand on the water and it is when we keep our eyes fixed on him that we walk on water.

What can you do to look up to him and walk on water today?

What can you do to have a faith that walks on water?

Where does my help come from? The Lord the maker of the world. The almighty God. The one who created me knows my heart, my struggles, my successes, my fear and my worries. He is more than able to minister to me and provide help. Look up to him. He will help you.

Will you share the ways you look up to the Lord?

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said...He is always near and always listening, even when we think He is not. In todays world, more than ever before, we do need to look up, for He is the answer to all of the worlds woes...Praise His Holy Name! Again, beautiful post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes looking up is so important and strengthens us through the storms in life. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete