Friday, April 30, 2021

Stand Still in the Battle

               Dear readers, I had to do a lot of waiting today. I’m having minor surgery, no worries I won’t even be put under for it, but I’ve had to go through hoops because it’s being done at a hospital. So months ago I went for an EKG and a Chest X-ray. Well because it’s been so long ago I had to do them again and I just found out this morning that I had to do the Chest X-ray again so I was very frustrated about this. I had to wait an hour and a half for the X-ray. At first I was frustrated but then I started to kind of really like the fact that I was waiting and couldn’t do anything but wait. It got me thinking about God’s word that says, “Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth,” Psalm 46:10. This is ultimately telling us that God will be known even among the unbelievers. His glory will be revealed to everyone. So Psalm 46 is very meaty and I believe God is actually talking about being still in the battle. I would love to go through the whole Psalm because it’s so good. I encourage you to read it and think about the fact that God is fighting for you. So here’s some of the verses:

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Psalm 46:1-2

So when there are wars or battles raging in our lives God is right there besides us and we can run to him and be sheltered by him. During this time there were battles and the psalmist is reminding himself and his readers that God is our refuge and strength. We need not fear because he is with us.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder, he burneth the chariot in the fire. Psalm 46:9

So here we see that God fights the battle for us. He protects us no matter what we are going through. After this I got to thinking about Moses and the people of Israel and one of the toughest things they had to go through, and that was when they fled the Egyptians by crossing the Red Sea. Look what God tells his people through Moses:

And Moses said unto the people, fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew you today: for the Egyptians you have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. Exodus 14:13

The Lord shall fight for you and ye shall hold your peace. Exodus 14:14

It is after this that the Lord tells Moses to stretch his hand over the sea to divide it. So what battle are you facing today? In what way can you stand still and let the Lord fight for you?

I’m so used to thinking that I can fight my own battles. This is a challenge for me. To just stand still, do nothing and wait is unheard of for me. However, I fully believe the Lord has me in a waiting period and is teaching me how to be still. That’s what I had to be for most my morning and you know what it actually was a blessing to have to do these tests again because it ultimately led me to the thoughts for this blog which in turn led me to you dear reader.

One last thought:

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Psalm 91:5-7

This is so a call to stand still. Nothing will harm you. Let the Lord fight for you.

So will you share your battles with me dear reader?

I’m here.

I’m listening.

Genuinely Yours,

Amy Z

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ! So beautifully written. I love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much ! So beautifully written. I love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Thank you for reading it! Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete